Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Get this Party Started

I'm excited to launch this new blog about hiking with children in the northwest. Most of the hikes featured will be in Oregon {particularly the Willamette Valley}, but my family and I travel frequently, and I will therefore also be featuring hikes from Washington & Idaho, along with many others. I grew up hiking the northwest {and other areas of the country}, and have many trails in mind that I plan to feature on this blog. I must tell you that one of the best resources I have found since having children is a book by Bonnie Henderson, titled Best Hikes with Kids: Oregon. It's honestly one of the best purchases I've ever made. I plan to spend most of my time working my way through those pages, highlighting several of the hikes recommended there. If you don't already have it, get it. You won't regret it. I hope that as my family hikes their way through the northwest, you'll find some inspiration and motivation to visit some of these beautiful locations with your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment